Thursday 27 January 2011

Weekly Update 3

From analysing two features articles, I have decided that in my features article, I will include:

  • A page number at the bottom right hand side of at least one page with the magazine title next to it
  • A big bold heading at the top of the page
  • An introduction underneath the main heading
  • Columns 
  • 2/3rds of the two pages taken up by a main image
  • Shapes
  • Connections to the front cover and/or contents page
  • Quotations
I will also include a separate text box with separate text, to appeal to the reader.

From analysing two magazines, I depicted the main conventions of a rock magazine. This is good because I can either choose to follow or challenge these conventions.

I created a brainstorm to generate ideas for my magazine. E.g. I looked at mise-en-scene, typography, images, genre, colour scheme, magazine names etc. This has helped me to get a basic idea of what my magazine will look like and which aspects I am to include. 

I analysed the colours used in order to decide on a colour scheme for my magazine. My colour scheme will include black, red and white, and may also include blue and yellow.

I used images to represent who my target audience are. This is good because I am able to visualise who they are, and I can bare this in mind whilst creating my magazine.