Saturday 15 January 2011

Weekly Update 2

This week by analysing two magazine front covers, I learnt what I should include in my front cover for my rock magazine:

  • Harsh colour scheme (preferably red, black and white)
  • A selling line at the top of the page
  • A simple, yet interesting main image - maybe drained of colour slightly
  • A consistent bold font throughout
  • Capitalised font throughout
  • At least one or two other images (apart from the main image) to advertise what is inside
  • At least three cover lines (not including the main cover line)
  • A male band or artist on the cover
  • Slanted angles to add interest
  • A clear bar code
By analysing two magazine contents pages, I learnt what I should include in my contents page for my rock magazine:
  • Colour scheme following on from the front cover
  • Columns
  • Page numbers
  • Large heading
  • Subscription advertisement with images of previous issues
  • All capital letters
  • Quotations from articles
I am also going to include:
  • Letter from the editor
  • Different sections/headings for a clearer layout